Who We Are
Visible Alpha is a financial technology company that works in close collaboration with our hedge fund and institutional investors to solve inefficiencies and cultivate positive and collaborative relationships across the market through our award-winning technology solutions and services.
We are a growth company, established but operating under an employee-centric model where we value the ideas, expertise, and inputs of every individual. Our continuous mode of experimentation ensures we are providing the best experiences for our employees, clients, and partners.
Visible Alpha offers a hybrid work schedule (2 days/week) across all offices.
What We Do
Visible Alpha enhances the investment research process by extracting meaningful analyst models, and research reports through valuable partnerships with the world’s premier investment research organizations. Our deep consensus data provides financial recommendations on companies and industries at a level of granularity and timeliness that has never before been possible.
Visible Alpha is looking for a new business-sales professional with proven experience selling SaaS/Financial services solutions to institutional Hedge Funds, Asset Managers, Corporates, and Investment Banks in Latin America. The right candidate will be responsible for further developing and accelerating the Latin American region by identifying and engaging target buyers/segments and building key relationships in the local market(s). Additionally, this role will be responsible for collaborating effectively with the Commercial organization— working across Sales Development, Customer Success and Support, Contributor Relations, Marketing, and our Product team. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Sales, Americas.
What You'll Do
- Drive annual sales and meet revenue targets for the Latin American region
- Actively prospect, identify, engage and convert opportunities to closed business - including negotiation of contractual and commercial terms
- Effectively partner cross-functionally (e.g., Sales, Sales Development, Solutions Consulting/CSM, GTM Enablement and Product, etc.) to identify, qualify, position, and sell VA solutions into target segments such as Hedge Funds, Asset Management, Corporations, and Investment Banking
- Proactively and effectively build a sales pipeline and accurately manage forecasts and revenue expectations throughout the sales stages/cycles
- Create and execute sales strategies in collaboration with commercial team partners (e.g., SDR, Customer Success, etc.) to successfully convert opportunities to closed revenue
- Effectively navigate prospect/existing client accounts to understand organizational buying processes and engage key stakeholders to maximize relationship and revenue outcomes
- Regularly engage with prospects and clients via sales calls and in-person meetings
- Capture and communicate solution feedback to internal stakeholders, effectively outlining customer needs, product requirements, and competitive gaps.
- Deliver a compelling pitch and technology demonstration to prospects/customers
Who You Are
- Fluent in Spanish or Portuguese (Brazilian) – written and verbal
- Ten plus years of experience working with Financial Services organizations in the Latin American market
- Five plus years of sales experience SaaS/Financial Technologies and data to Hedge Funds, Asset Managers, Corporations, and Investment Banking in the Latin American market
- Strong financial knowledge and understanding of the investment research process on the buy-side
- Proven track record in consultative selling
- History of meeting and exceeding revenue targets
- Expert ability to manage the sales pipeline, including prospecting, leading demonstrations, managing product evaluations, and negotiating commercial/contractual terms to close business
- Skilled in developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, decision-makers, and C-Level executives---including key stakeholders at large strategic accounts
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills. Must also possess a solid ability to communicate internally, with the ability to provide business/regional insights to senior and executive leadership
- Goal-driven with the ability to meet internal and external deadlines
- Willingness to cold call and pitch prospective clients is key
- Must be a self-starter with a driven and positive attitude. As an experienced seller, you must have the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Possess a curious mindset with good problem-solving skills
- BA / BS Degree; CFA or desire to obtain the CFA designation, preferred but not required.
Why You’ll Love Working at Visible Alpha
At Visible Alpha, we are committed to supporting every team member's personal and professional growth. We measure our success by the collective wins of our employees, creating and driving a culture of inclusivity, collaboration, constant learning, open dialogue, and idea generation. As an organization, we strive to exist with a sense of purpose and belonging—where employees can be their authentic selves and do work that changes the industry. Through benefits such as employee resource groups, flexible paid time off, unlimited professional coaching, and increased work-life balance through a hybrid work environment, employees at Visible Alpha are empowered to bring their best selves to work every day.
Key Benefits We Offer:
- Hybrid work model – 2 Core days in the office and other days working remote
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, & vision coverage and pre-tax benefits
- 401(K) with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Generous paid parental leave
- Three weeks a year working from anywhere
- Classpass discounts
- Unlimited professional coaching with Bravely
- Coursera - More than 6,000 company paid courses for continuous learning and development
- Learning & development reimbursement
- Company sponsored lunches on Core Days, Happy Hours and unlimited snacks and drinks in our office
- Company sponsored sports leagues
- Annual summer and holiday outings
- Community impact opportunities through charitable work and giving
- Employee Resource Groups
At Visible Alpha, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $167,000 to $226,000. This role is also eligible for a 50% target bonus.
Visible Alpha operates under an employee-centric model where we value the ideas, expertise and inputs of every individual. Out of a broad spectrum of perspectives comes greater insight. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.